Connect to other devices
The information here explains how you can connect the robot to your other devices.
This includes: mobile phone connection, webpage connection, Bluetooth connection, audio output, and casting the robot’s screen to another display.
Connect the Robot to Wi-Fi
Connect the robot to Wi-Fi for the first time
When powering up the robot for the first time, or after resetting the robot, you will be shown a list of Wi-Fi networks during the boot process. Please select one of the available networks and enter the correct password.
You can see whether or not the Wi-Fi is successfully connected from the drop-down menu. For more settings, press and hold the Wi-Fi button in the drop-down list to enter the Wi-Fi settings menu. Tap on the selected network and enter the password.
Update Wi-Fi password
If you are unable to connect to the selected network, it could be that the WI-Fi password has been entered incorrectly or has been changed.
Please follow the above steps for setting up the Wi-Fi, navigate to the Wi-Fi list and tap on the currently connected network. Open the ‘More Info’ screen and choose ‘Forget Network’ to remove the selected Wi-Fi network.
Then follow the Wi-Fi setup instructions to reconnect the network and enter the correct password.
Connect the robot to Nuwa Space App
Use the following methods to connect the robot to the Nuwa Space app.
👉 Method 1: Connect the robot to the Nuwa Fun Base app using a QR Code
1. Go directly to the ‘Scanner’ screen, or tap on ‘Use QR Code to connect Kebbi” to enable the code scanner.
2. Open the drop-down list on the robot’s face panel, tap ‘Connect’ and the QR Code for mobile phone connections will appear onscreen.
3. Scan the QR Code on the screen using your mobile phone to complete the connection.
👉 Method 2: Search for robots under the same domain
Tap on ‘Search for robots under the same domain’, which appears at the bottom of the ‘Scanner’ screen, and go to the ‘Search’ page.
Under normal conditions, when the mobile device and the robot are connected to the same Wi-Fi network, the mobile device will automatically find the robot.
If you are unable to find the robot on your smartphone or tablet, please check that:
1. The robot has been switched on, and
2. The smartphone is under the same Wi-Fi network as the robot.
If both conditions are met, tap the ‘Search Again’ button on the upper right corner to find the robot.
📔 Don’t know what the Nuwa Space application is? Haven’t downloaded it yet? Seach it on App Store/Google Play!
Connect the robot to the CodeLab Air App
👉 Use the ‘Connect’ button in the app
Follow these steps to connect the robot to CodeLab Air.
1. Make sure the smartphone and the robot are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Open ‘CodeLab Air’ and tap the ‘Connect’ button on the upper right corner of the screen. The phone will automatically search for and display the robot.
3. Select your robot to complete the connection.
👉 Use a QR Code instead to connect the robot to ‘CodeLab Air’
If you have tried the above methods and still cannot find the robot, do the following on the ‘Connect’ screen
1. Tap the on-screen ‘Scanner’ button to connect the robot using a QR code and enable the code scanner.
2. Bring out the drop-down menu on the robot’s screen and tap on the ‘Connect’ button. A QR code that can be used for smartphone connections will be displayed onscreen.
3. Scan the QR Code with your smartphone to complete the connection.
📔 Don’t know what the CodeLab Air App is? Haven’t downloaded it yet? Search it on App Store/Google Play!
Connect to the robot via web browser (CodeLab Web)
Get the robot and a PC with internet access ready, then follow the steps below to set up the connection:
- Open the web browser and go to CodeLab Web.
- On the login page, please enter the same username and password that you use for the robot to log in to the website.
⚠ The account will need to be verified first. You may obtain an account in two ways:
a. Register an account when the robot is powered up for the first time.
b. Download the Nuwa Fun Base app and register an account, then connect to the robot.
- On the robot, navigate to the drop-down menu > Connect, then select ‘Connect via Web Browser’.
- On the CodeLab Web, choose the ‘Click here to fast connect to the robot’ button on the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Enter the numbers displayed on the robot’s screen into the quick connection window on the webpage to complete the connection.
Bluetooth connection and audio output
You can find Bluetooth connectivity feature in Settings > Bluetooth. Bluetooth is automatically enable on the robot to allow users to connect to other Bluetooth devices according to their needs.
- Audio output
If you want to output the audio of the robot to a Bluetooth speaker, simply pair the robot with the Bluetooth speaker.
- Connect to a Bluetooth device
You may need to connect to a Bluetooth device using a specific app. Please follow the instructions of the app to setup the connection.
⚠ The robot currently does not support file transfer via Bluetooth.
Cast the robot’s screen to another display
You can switch screen casting on and off via Settings > Cast Screen.
You can use this feature to cast images from the robot’s screen to an Android smart TV or a Miracast-enabled device.
⚠ Most Android screen casting devices are supported, though we cannot guarantee that all makes and models will be compatible.
👉 What is Miracast?
Miracast allows you to share images from one screen to another screen via a wireless connection.
You can cast images from the robot’s screen to an Android smart TV or a Miracast-enabled device.